Ven. Galabodaaththe Gnanasara, 13 others acquitted
The Bodu Bala Sena General Secretary Ven. Galabodaaththe Gnanasara Thera and 13 others including four monks charged with trespassing and attacking the Cavalry Church in Thalahena at Malabe in 2008 were acquitted today.
The order was delivered by High Court Judge Padmini Mediwaka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023