Ven.Gnanissara thero discusses acquisition of $290 billion with former President
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa participated in an event where a water bowser was donated to the kidney disease prevention program of the Colombo Gangaramaya temple on Thursday (14).
During the event the chief incumbent of the Gangaramaya temple Ven. Galboda Gnanissara thero discussed the acquisition of 290 billion dollars as a foreign investment through the sale of a certain government asset.
The chief incumbent stated that certain individuals are riding on the laurels of previous regimes. He stated that parties are unnecessarily publicizing the attainment of 290 billion dollars without thanking the people who constructed the asset that was sold.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024