Vigneswaran to change decision if Sampanthan takes responsibility
A decision has been made by Northern Province Chief Minister C.V. Vigneswaran to change his stance regarding the posts of two provincial ministers on one condition, sources said.
Vigneswaran in written has reportedly apprised the Tamil National Alliance (TNA) that he would withdraw his decision if opposition leader R. Sampanthan is ready to take the responsibility regarding the two provincial ministers.
Vigneswaran had earlier demanded the resignation of two provincial councillors, Transport Minister P. Deniswaran and Health Minister P. Sathyalingam who are in the spotlight over corruption allegations.
On June 14, 21 members of the Northern Provincial Council also handed over a no-confidence motion against the Chief Minister.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023