Vote on SL ‘politically motivated’-Russia
Without criticizing India directly for backing the US-initiated resolution against Sri Lanka at the UN Human Rights Council, Russia has described the resolution as “politically motivated” and one that has ended up discrediting the Council itself.
The remark by Russian ambassador Alexander M Kadakin, ahead of the BRICS summit in New Delhi, has brought to the fore differences among the grouping which is seeking better coordination on major international issues.
“Sri Lanka was India’s sovereign decision. The resolution was politically motivated and has discredited the UNHRC,” said Kadakin.
“Why did it all of a sudden decide to take up a country-specific resolution? That is not how the UNHRC works,” he added. Both Russia and China had voted against the resolution censuring Lanka for human rights violations.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last week wrote to Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa, saying that he himself had ensured that India dilute the wording of the draft to safeguard against any inclusion of monitoring mechanism. (TNN)
Courtesy: DM Online
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
Some of world most arms powered western countries Drove by worlds most Ruthless Terrors called LTTE, which made in India…! That’s what happened..!
It is now proven that UNHRC and its Commissioner, NP, is a lackey of USA just as UNSG is. This is not the founding principle of UNO. Hence the need for Freeworld to have their own UNO, which will be truly independent. The so-called International Community does not mean all the countries in the world. It means just the few countries of the imperial West. They coined this term to mislead the world. The countries of IC are, USA, Canada, EU countries, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and S. Korea.
Even now UN violating human rights they have hidden agenda with LTTE $ makers most of the Tamil forums in west and US doing those illegal activity and raises money to run the LTTE.