Wariyapola girl arrested
Posted in Local News
Wariyapola Police arrested 21-year-old Thilini Amalka yesterday for allegedly slapping a youth recently at the Wariyapola bus terminal.
Police said she was accompanied by her lawyer.
Police Media Unit informed that the arrest was made based on a complaint made by the assaulted youth who was presently receiving treatment at the Wariyapola District Hospital.
(Courtesy: Ceylon Today)
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
Well done reputed Sri Lanka police.
Not only one slap. Slapping more than 10 times and shaking him for 45 minutes. This b**** took the advantage of that youth’s helplessness. She(b****) repeatedly asked him ” do you know what am I ?”.
The youth could be wrong but the punishment is more ruthless and cruel. It is normal that boys joke girls in Sri Lanka.
We hope reasonable judicial decision in favor of innocent Tamil youth called Siva.
By looking at the video it is pretty obvious who should be punished or get the very much severe punishment. I would have given her an air ticket to one of our neighbouring countries and made her travel with men there for a couple of weeks!
If the young boy joked, a normal brained person would joke back. That shows the latter is also human. (Animals cannot joke or laugh). If the joke was excessive, the first civilised “human” response will have to “warn” the joker that the recipient don’t like that. If it doesn’t stop there, he/she can complain to police for “stalking” offence.
Taking law into own hand and assaulting someone is so ugly and uncivilized (Mervin Silva type) and only shows that such a person is nothing more than the stupid bone head belongs to the animal clan.
This girl (or …. never mind!) must be punished for her unacceptable behavior public and for assaulting a person. The young boy didn’t assault her, but she assaulted him,law simply must see the difference.
First, it is wrong to comment on her dress. SL is not a an Islamic country. However, looking at the video, it is evident that she took the law into her hand and started slapping continuously for a considerable time. In this case, it is appropriate for the police to take action.
Of course, this a public assault case. What’s the big hou-ha? Maybe because the guy is a Tamil and the gal is Sinhala.
Incidents such as these are the ones which make the Tamils complain of varying status within the country.