Wasantha Mudalige arrested during student monks’ protest inside Education Ministry
57 persons, including the convener of the Inter-University Students Federation (IUSF) Wasantha Mudalige, have been arrested for forcibly entering the Education Ministry in Pelawatte, Battaramulla.
A group of student monks of Homagama, Pitipana Buddhist and Pali University engaged in a protest in the premises of the Ministry of Education requesting to reopen Sri Lanka Buddhist and Pali University which has been closed for 2 months.
The protesters also demanded action against the police for firing tear gas and water cannons to disperse the Satyagraha held yesterday (February 22).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023