Wasantha Mudalige remanded until January 13
Posted in Local News
Wasantha Mudalige, the convenor of the Inter-University Students’ Federation (IUSF) has been further remanded until January 13, 2023.
The activist, who was taken into custody under the provisions of the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA), was produced before the Colombo Fort Magistrate Thilina Gamage today (January 05).
The case filed against Wasantha Mudalige on multiple counts including the refusal to accept a court order against a protest opposite the Fort Railway Station, and obstructing the duties of police officers was taken up in Court.
Prison officers had escorted Mudalige to the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court this morning.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023