Water Board protest today from 9:00 AM
The Water Supply Professionals Trade Union Alliance (WSPTUA) has decided to engage in 8-hour trade union action by refraining from all duties at offices and workstations from 9:00 AM today (March 23) because they have not received solutions to their demands.
The union convenor, Upali Rathnayake, said that they had engaged in a token strike on March 13 but did not receive an acceptable response from the responsible authorities.
The WSPTUA requested all the Western Province employees to gather in front of the Water Supply Ministry, Pelawatta, at noon today.
The protest will be conducted at all district water supply board offices in Anuradhapura, Kandy, Matara, Badulla, Ratnapura, Monaragala, and Vavuniya.
During the strike, employees will withdraw from all consumer services and cashier activities and there will be no breakdown repairs, and that will cause disruption of the water supply in certain areas.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023