Weliweriya incident:top army officers relieved from posts
Army Commander Daya Rathnayake has ordered to relieve a Brigadier and three Lieutenant Colonels from their appointments to facilitate the further inquiries on the Weliweriya incident as recommended by the Court of Inquiry, the army announced.
Military Spokesman Brigadier Ruwan Wanigasooriya said that those officers have been placed under respective regimental centres pending further disciplinary proceedings.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023