Wife accuses Sakvithi of raping her
Posted in Local News
Financial scammer Sakvithi Ranasinghe was indicted before the Colombo High Court by the Attorney General on charges of committing rape on a minor girl at Mount Lavina during the period March 30, 1998 to February 28, 1999.
Sakvithi Ranasinghe was accused of abducting the minor girl Kumari Anuradhini, who was below the age of 18 years at the time, from her legal custodian J. Ariyaratnage on March 30, 1990 and sexually abusing and raping her at Mount Lavinia.
The victim is now married to Sakvithi Ranasinghe. The Attorney General had indicted him after the victim’s statement was recorded in 2010.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
The difference bitween Mother & others
When misery comes they come not in ones & twos but in their thousands.Even Sakviththa should have known that evil follows evil.
At least he was gracious enough to marry that girl.did n,t flee to India.