Harsha Rajapaksha of Rahula College takes ten wickets in an innings
Left-arm paceman Harsha Rajapaksha of Rahula College, Matara has taken all ten wickets in an innings, in a spell of ten overs, to restrict Devapathiraja College, Ratgama to a paltry 23 runs on day one of their Under-19 cricket encounter at Uyanwatta Stadium, Matara yesterday.
Rajapaksha has given away just eight runs in his 9.3 overs which also included four maidens, according to his school officials who confirmed the notable feat.
In a telephone interview, Rajapaksha told The Island that his opponents were beaten by the swing and Yorkers of his.
“They were beaten by out-swingers and when they left the ball, it got them bowled. I also used Yorkers to good effect. I am really pleased with my performance,” said Rajapaksha whose previous best feat had been couple of five-wicket hauls.
In reply, Rahula scored 206 for eight wickets declared.
Devapathiraja MV 23 all out in 19.3 overs (Harsha Rajapaksha 10/08)
Rahula 206 for 8 wkts decl in 41.5 overs (Tharindu Narasinghe 87, Piyushan Kulatunga 84; Prasanna Karunawansa 4/18, Dilshan Kanchana 4/64).
Courtesy: The Island
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023