Harsha Rajapaksha of Rahula College takes ten wickets in an innings
Left-arm paceman Harsha Rajapaksha of Rahula College, Matara has taken all ten wickets in an innings, in a spell of ten overs, to restrict Devapathiraja College, Ratgama to a paltry 23 runs on day one of their Under-19 cricket encounter at Uyanwatta Stadium, Matara yesterday.
Rajapaksha has given away just eight runs in his 9.3 overs which also included four maidens, according to his school officials who confirmed the notable feat.
In a telephone interview, Rajapaksha told The Island that his opponents were beaten by the swing and Yorkers of his.
“They were beaten by out-swingers and when they left the ball, it got them bowled. I also used Yorkers to good effect. I am really pleased with my performance,” said Rajapaksha whose previous best feat had been couple of five-wicket hauls.
In reply, Rahula scored 206 for eight wickets declared.
Devapathiraja MV 23 all out in 19.3 overs (Harsha Rajapaksha 10/08)
Rahula 206 for 8 wkts decl in 41.5 overs (Tharindu Narasinghe 87, Piyushan Kulatunga 84; Prasanna Karunawansa 4/18, Dilshan Kanchana 4/64).
Courtesy: The Island
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023