Wiggy makes urgent request from India for Covishield vaccine for North and East
Former Northern Province Chief Minister and present Parliamentarian C.V. Wigneswaran has requested the deputy Indian High Commissioner in Jaffna, S. Balachandran to ask his government to donate AstraZeneca vaccines to the Northern and Eastern Provinces as vaccination has been slow in these two areas.
Wigneswaran said that the two provinces had not been adequately vaccinated when India gave Covishield vaccine and that in recent weeks there had been a significant spike in COVID-19 cases in the two provinces.
The MP had told Balachandran that India should think of it as an urgent request.
Meanwhile the Army Commander, General Shavendra Silva said that the next vaccination programs will be held in Jaffna and Ratnapura.
(Source: The Island – By Dinasena Ratugamage)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
Aren’t the North and east provinces, constituents of the United Republic of Sri Lanka?
The vaccine roll-out is prioritized on voter performance in the recent elections.
So, please shut up and put up.