Will consult Supreme Court on Presidential Candidacy – Mahinda
Former President Mahinda Rajapaksa says that SLPP will be inquiring with the Supreme Court whether, under the 19th Constitutional Amendment, a person who had previously held the post of President twice, could run at a Presidential election again.
He made this statement responding to media questions following an event held in Piliyandala, today (18).
This event was held to open the ‘Suwasetha Hela Osu Hala’ at Makandana, Piliyandala.
He also commented on the Criminal Investigation Department’s recording of statement from him on the abduction of the Journalist Keith Noyahr.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023