Woman, 34, charged with murder of Geraldton doctor Dinendra Athukorala
AUSTRALIA: A GERALDTON doctor has been charged with murdering her husband, who was also a doctor, in a domestic dispute.
Major Crime Squad detectives last night charged the 34-year-old woman with the murder of Dr Dinendra Athukorala on June 24, at a house in Shenton Street, Geraldton.
The 34-year-old woman has been remanded in custody to appear in Geraldton Magistrates Court today.
The family of Dr Athukorala, who live in Sri Lanka, have been notified.
Detecitves and Consul officials are offering the family all available assistance.
The Major Crime Squad is also investigating a second homicide in the Midwest town, after the discovery of a man’s body in a home in Wonthella yesterday.
The 51-year-old’s body was found in a home in Seventh Street and forensic investigators declared four separate crime scenes, including the car park of Geraldton Regional Hospital.
Investigation of the carpark crime scene finished yesterday and the area is now open to the public.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
This happened is horrible and it will be effective for our sri Lankan community in western Australia. This is not the first time and same thing was happened few months ago in Perth.