Young couple jumps in front of moving train
Posted in Local News
A couple has committed suicide by jumping in front of a moving train near the Katugoda tunnel in Galle.
The Police said that the couple had sustained serious injuries in the incident and had died upon admission to the Karapitiya Teaching Hospital.
The deceased male is yet to be identified while the female is a 21-year-old from Kandy.
According to the police, they had jumped in front of a train plying from Galle to Matara at around 10.15 p.m on Tuesday.
Courtesy: News First
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
True no doubt a foolish couple- a Kandy lamissi and a Paatha rata kolla(Paaththaya) How sad!
( little explanation about the location–The tunnel in rail track is not at Katugoda.It is near Minuwangoda(Galle) rail gate- a difference of about2 kms.
There seems to be a sad and sinister motive to this whole episode.The girl and the boy happened to be of same mother with two seperate fathers. Hence no way for a marriage .Hence the inevitable.
“Common people” always tend & hurry to undermine the ones who kill themselves. But there might be times which the DEATH is better than LIFE for someone reasonablly.
There have been 100s of monks who killed themselves being ashamed, averse & disgust of the life as it is reasonably. The Buddha has not undermined them too.!