Lakwijaya breaks down again
The Lakwijaya Power Plant at Norochcholai had automatically shut down today due to the tripping of a transmission line from Norochcholai to Veyangoda. The shutdown deprived the national grid of 300MV, the Ministry of Power and Energy said.
Ceylon Electricity Board Chairman Wimaladharma Abeywickrema said they would take all relevant measures to ensure the plant was back to normal soon.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023