$1 Million bonus on offer for Sri Lanka
Posted in Sports News
Sri Lanka’s cricket squad will receive a bonus of almost $1 million from the Government if they win the 50-over World Cup in Australia and New Zealand that starts next week.
Government spokesman Rajitha Senaratne said on Thursday that the new cabinet had agreed to pay 130 million rupees ($983,359) to the players if they lift the trophy.
The island nation won the World Cup in 1996 and finished runners-up at the last two editions.
Sri Lanka have been drawn in Pool A alongside the two co-hosts, England, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Scotland.
They lost the finals in 2007 and 2011 to Australia and India respectively.
(Courtesy: The Guardian)
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023