13 in the running for Sri Lanka’s President
Posted in Local News
The Election Commission says 13 candidates have placed deposits to contest at the upcoming Presidential Election.
Issuing a statement, the Commission said nine persons representing recognised political parties and four independent candidates have placed deposits thus far.
Meanwhile, the Presidential Candidate of the JVP-led National People’s Power Parliamentarian Anura Kumara Dissanayake is expected to place deposits for the election today.
Deposits for the November 16th Presidential Election can be placed till noon on the 6th of October. The acceptance of nominations will take place on the 7th of October.
(Source: News Radio)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023