15th COVID-19 death reported in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
Another patient who tested positive for the Coronavirus has died today, marking the 15th death reported in Sri Lanka due to COVID-19.
A 56-year-old male coronavirus patient died while receiving treatment at the Kuliyapitiya Base Hospital today.
According to the Hospital Director Dr. Prabath Werawatte, the patient had succumbed to a heart attack, while a second PCR test conducted on the individual had returned positive, confirming the patient as a COVID-19 infectee.
This bring the number of fatalities in Sri Lanka from the COVID-19 outbreak to 15.
|Total Confirmed Cases||7,521|
|New Cases for the day||368|
|Observation in hospitals||481|
|Recovered & Discharged||3,714|
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023