19 injured following fire in Diyatalawa bus
At least 19 persons have been hospitalised with injuries after a passenger transport bus caught fire in the early hours this morning at Kahagolla in Diyatalawa, the Police Spokesman said.
According to reports, the private bus had suddenly caught fire following a minor explosion.
Most of the passengers were army and airforce soldiers who had arrived from Jaffna at the Diyatalawa camp.
The injured passengers have been admitted to the Diyatalawa Hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023