17th COVID-19 death reported in Sri Lanka
Another patient who tested positive for the Coronavirus has died today, marking the 17th death reported in Sri Lanka due to COVID-19.
A 41-year-old female coronavirus patient resided in Ja-Ela died while receiving treatment at the Infectious Diseases Hospital (IDH) in Angoda today.
Reportedly, the patient had been ailing from Cirrhosis prior to his death.
This bring the number of fatalities in Sri Lanka from the COVID-19 outbreak to 17.
|Total Confirmed Cases||8,413|
|New Cases for the day||0|
|Observation in hospitals||527|
|Recovered & Discharged||3,933|
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023