186 COVID-19 deaths confirmed for Wednesday (18)
Sri Lanka yesterday recorded the highest number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day.
186 COVID-19 deaths were confirmed for August 18, increasing the death toll to 6,790.
111 males and 75 females were among the victims.
147 of the victims are senior citizens aged above 60 years, 35 victims were aged between 30-59 and 04 victims aged below 30.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023