198 COVID-19 deaths confirmed for Tuesday (24)
198 COVID-19 deaths were confirmed for August 24, increasing the death toll to 7,948.
119 males and 79 females were among the victims.
146 of the victims are senior citizens aged above 60 years, 51 victims were aged between 30-59 and one victim aged below 30.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023