2023 Budget: Second reading passed in Sri Lanka’s Parliament
Second reading of the 2023 budget passed in Sri Lanka’s Parliament with a majority of 37 votes when the vote was taken a short while ago.
Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena said 121 parliamentarians voted in favour of the budget while 84 voted against it.
Meanwhile, MP C.V. Wigneswaran abstained from voting.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023