20th Amendment passed with two thirds majority
Posted in Local News
The 20th Amendment to the Constitution has been passed with amendments following the approval of a two thirds majority in Parliament.
A total of 156 MPs voted in favour of the draft Bill while 65 MPs voted against it.
At the end of the third reading, Speaker Mahinda Yapa Abeywardane adjourned the Parliament session till 10 am on Friday.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
That is a massive step for the Nation.
Now we can proceed towards the VISTAS of PROSPERITY and SPLENDOUR offered by His Excellency Nandasena Gotabaya Rajapaksa without any hindrance, without any distractions and without any noise.
Today, I feel proud to be a dual citizen of this country.