Second reading of 20th Amendment passed with two thirds majority
Posted in Local News
The second reading of the 20th Amendment to the Constitution was passed with a two-thirds majority in parliament a short while ago.
A majority of 156 MPs voted in favour of the draft 20A while 65 MPs voted against it.
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
Carry on. This will keep you busy for the next five years. After this you have the 21st amendment. Then the 22nd.
If you don’t have nothing better do this is the beat bet.