214 COVID-19 deaths confirmed for Thursday (26)
Sri Lanka yesterday recorded the highest number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day.
214 COVID-19 deaths were confirmed for August 25, increasing the death toll to 8,371.
120 males and 94 females were among the victims.
151 of the victims are senior citizens aged above 60 years, 58 victims were aged between 30-59 and 05 victims aged below 30.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023