360 kg of Kerala Cannabis found on Kankesanturai Beach
Posted in Local News
A 360-kilogram of Kerala Cannabis worth nearly Rs. 50 million has been found washed ashore along the coast of Kankesanthurai.
Police said the stock is believed to have been brought by boat from India and left for racketeers to pick up.
The haul has been discovered last afternoon (December 27).
Kankesanthurai Police are conducting further investigations to identify persons involved in the racket.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023