36th COVID-19 death reported in Sri Lanka
Another patient who tested positive for the COVID-19 has died today, marking the 36th death reported in Sri Lanka due to COVID-19.
A 84-year-old female COVID-19 patient died while admitting to the National Institute of Infectious Diseases (IDH Hospital) today.
The individual, a resident of Kandana area.
The immediate cause of death has been identified as pneumonia complications due to infection of the virus.
This bring the number of fatalities in Sri Lanka from the COVID-19 outbreak to 36.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023