37 more suspended from UNP
Party membership of another 37 UNP local government members temporarily suspended for supporting other political parties, the Legal Secretary of the UNP stated.
This move comes days after the UNP’s Working Committee ousted 54 members who had submitted nominations from the Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) along with another 61 Local Government members.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023