Interim order issued suspending Avant Garde case hearing
Posted in Local News
The Court of Appeal today issued an interim order staying High Court trial proceedings pertaining to the Avant Garde Bribery case filed against Avant Garde Chairman Nissanka Yapa Senadhipathi and Rtd. Major General Palitha Fernando.
The order was delivered by the Appeals Court’s judge bench when the revision application filed by Senadhipathi and Fernando was taken up this morning (31).
The case was filed on several charges including granting authorisation to maintain a floating armoury in seas off the coast of Galle and taking and receiving bribes from Avant Garde Maritime Services (Pvt) Ltd amounting to Rs.35 million.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023