Interim order issued suspending Avant Garde case hearing
The Court of Appeal today issued an interim order staying High Court trial proceedings pertaining to the Avant Garde Bribery case filed against Avant Garde Chairman Nissanka Yapa Senadhipathi and Rtd. Major General Palitha Fernando.
The order was delivered by the Appeals Court’s judge bench when the revision application filed by Senadhipathi and Fernando was taken up this morning (31).
The case was filed on several charges including granting authorisation to maintain a floating armoury in seas off the coast of Galle and taking and receiving bribes from Avant Garde Maritime Services (Pvt) Ltd amounting to Rs.35 million.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023