41st COVID-19 death reported in Sri Lanka
Another patient who tested positive for the COVID-19 has died today, marking the 41st death reported in Sri Lanka due to COVID-19.
A 48-year-old female, a resident of the Ragama area.
According to reports, he died while at home and the post-mortem examination carried out at the Ragama Hospital has posthumously found him to be a novel coronavirus infected person.
This brings the number of fatalities in Sri Lanka from the COVID-19 outbreak to 41.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023