42 more die of COVID-19: Death toll increases to 1,608
The COVID-19 death toll in Sri Lanka climbed to 1,608 with 42 more deaths being confirmed by the Director-General of Health Services today (03), the Government Information Department said.
According to the Government Information Department, 17 females and 25 males are among the deceased.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023