6 Indian fishermen arrested with heroin in Northern seas
Posted in Local News
Six Indian national, who attempted to smuggle 13.5 kilogrammes of heroin into the country in a trawler, were arrested by the Navy in the Northern sea area last night.
Navy said the arrested suspects along with the drugs were to be handed over to the Police Narcotic Bureau.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023