6 killed, 11 hospitalised after passenger ferry capsized in Kinniya
Posted in Local News
Six persons including two adults and four children have died and 11 others were hospitalised after a passenger ferry capsized in the Kuringankerni lagoon in Kinniya today (23).
The bodies of the victims are placed at the Kinniya Hospital.
The injured were admitted to the Trincomalee and Kinniya Hospitals.
The Navy and the Police divers are conducting a search operation to locate the missing persons.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023