Registrar of Pesticides removed with immediate effect
Sri Lanka’s Registrar of Pesticides Dr. J.A. Sumith has been removed from his post with immediate effect and will be subject to disciplinary inquiry, said the Ministry of Agriculture today (23).
In a statement, the Ministry said the decision to remove the Registrar of Pesticides was made because he issued a gazette notification lifting the ban imposed on five pesticides including Glyphosate.
The Gazette to ban the use of five pesticides including Glyphosate was issued on the 22nd of December 2014 (7 years ago).
The Ministry of Agriculture stated that the ban on five pesticides including Glyphosate will remain in effect as per the directives of Minister of Agriculture Mahindananda Aluthgamage.
Accordingly, the gazette notification issued by the Registrar of Pesticides yesterday (22) lifting ban on five pesticides including Glyphosate will be revoked and the previous Gazette will thereby be validated.
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
- It is imperative to equip our armed forces with state-of-the-art technologies and capabilities – Defence State Minister June 9, 2023
- ADB provides Sri Lanka access to concessional financing June 9, 2023
- Over 20 injured in bus lorry collision at Hanwella June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
That’s excellent; professionals who do not understand the pathway to PROSPERITY & SPLENDOR should be removed, promptly.