74th COVID-19 death reported in Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
Another patient who tested positive for the COVID-19 has died today, marking the 74th death reported in Sri Lanka due to COVID-19.
The deceased has been identified as a 70-year-old male, a resident of the Colombo 02 died while receiving treatment at the Colombo National Hospital.
The cause of death has been identified as heart disease due to COVID-19 infection.
This brings the number of fatalities in Sri Lanka from the COVID-19 outbreak to 74.
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023