A discussion on Domestic gas shortage
A discussion between the Industry and Commerce ministry secretary and LP Gas companies was held with regard to the prevailing domestic gas shortage this morning.
Consumer Affairs Authority Chairman was also present.
The discussion was held following constant complaint to the Consumer Affairs Authority.
Gas companies stated in the discussion that they are facing difficulties after the recent drone attacks on some oil facilities in Saudi Arabia.
They also stated that a shipload of gas is stranded in Mumbai due to windy weather.
The companies also informed the ministry secretary that the prevailing shortage will be eased out once the expecting shipload arrives in the island this Friday or Saturday.
Meanwhile, a shipload of 2500 metric tons of gas has arrived in the island yesterday.
(Source: Hiru News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023