A special committee to look into nationwide power failure
President Maithripala Sirisena has appointed a special committee to make recommendations to the Government regarding the steps that should be taken immediately on nationwide power failure considering issues related in this regard and scrutinizing the other factors on this matter.
The committee is comprised of Minister of Power and Renewable Energy, Ranjith Siyambalapitiya, Ministers Susil Premajayantha, Patali Champika Ranawaka, Sagala Ratnayake, Deputy Minister Eran Wickramaratne and Ajith P. Perera .
The first report of this committee will be submitted to the President within one week.
This committee will provide recommendations as how to supply electricity service without any obstacle into the field of development of the country as well as to the day to day life of the public while solving issues prevailing in the field of energy.
The above mentioned committee is expected to fulfill their respective duties within three months and the President has given the authority to the committee to get the assistance of prominent intellectuals in the field of power and energy.
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023