Abduction of youth: Legal action against Hirunika if evidence found – Police Spokesman
The Police would not hesitate to take legal action against Parliamentarian Hirunika Premachandra if the investigations found evidence to the effect that she had aided and abetted the recent abduction of a youth, said ASP Ruwan Gunasekara yesterday.
He further said that such a decision cannot be taken according to the whims and fancies of the people without conducting a proper investigation.
He added that the investigation to find out if MP Premachandra had involvement or knowledge in the crime is in progress.
Police Spokesman Gunasekara said however, the six suspects who were alleged to be involved in the crime were arrested, based on CCTV footage.
“As MP Premachandra was not in the CCTV footage, we cant take action against her without facts,” the Police Spokesman said. “We have to have facts by way of an investigation. The investigation is underway”.
He said that the six suspects will also face an identification parade. He added that the Police are taking measures to complete the investigations soon. But, some people are demanding that legal action be taken against the suspects without following the proper legal procedure.
(Source: Daily News – By Sandasen MARASINGHE)
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
What if evidence found and lost…?