Actor Gnananga Gunawardena passes away
Posted in Local News
Veteran Sri Lankan actor Gnananga Gunawardena passed away today (May 04) at the age of 78 while receiving treatment at the Colombo National Hospital.
Gnananga Gunawardena’s body will lie in state at a private funeral parlour in Borella from 8:30 AM tomorrow (May 05) and the final rites will be performed at 3:00 PM on Saturday (May 06)
Embarking on his acting career after starring in the film ‘Hewanali Ada Minissu’ directed by Parakrama de Silva in 1980, Gunawardena in a number of movies including ‘Saptha Kanya’ (1993), ‘Seilama’ (1995), ‘Tharanaya’ (1997) and ‘Maharaja Ajasath’ (2015).
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023