Actor Gnananga Gunawardena passes away
Veteran Sri Lankan actor Gnananga Gunawardena passed away today (May 04) at the age of 78 while receiving treatment at the Colombo National Hospital.
Gnananga Gunawardena’s body will lie in state at a private funeral parlour in Borella from 8:30 AM tomorrow (May 05) and the final rites will be performed at 3:00 PM on Saturday (May 06)
Embarking on his acting career after starring in the film ‘Hewanali Ada Minissu’ directed by Parakrama de Silva in 1980, Gunawardena in a number of movies including ‘Saptha Kanya’ (1993), ‘Seilama’ (1995), ‘Tharanaya’ (1997) and ‘Maharaja Ajasath’ (2015).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023