After 18 months, Chris Gayle returns to Windies Test squad
Having made peace with the West Indies Cricket Board, explosive batsman Chris Gayle today returned to the country’s Test side after more than 18 months.
Gayle has been named in the West Indies squad for the first Test against New Zealand starting Wednesday.
Gayle last played Test cricket during the tour of Sri Lanka in December 2010. Also back in the squad is Shivnarine Chanderpaul, who missed the final Test against England due to a side strain.
The selectors have left out an injured Darren Bravo from the 13-man squad. Bravo sustained the injury during the England tour.
The first Test against New Zealand will be played in Antigua before the teams head to Jamaica for the second and final Test.
The squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Chris Gayle, Adrian Barath, Kieran Powell, Assad Fudadin, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Marlon Samuels, Narsingh Deonarine, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Tino Best, Kemar Roach, Ravi Rampaul, Sunil Narine.
Source: Indian Express
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023