Pornography material from SriLanka Mirror computers – CID
The CID today informed the Colombo Magistrate Court that they have found Pornography materials from at least three computers that were taken into police custody from the Sri Lankamirror office.
They also informed that it was a violation of the Obscene Publication Act. The CID made this statement when the case on Sri Lankamirror was taken up at the Colombo Magistrate Court. The Magistrate also ordered the CID to release the computers that were taken from the Sri Lankamirror office once the inquiry is over.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023