AG ordered to submit indictments against Ranjan
‘The Supreme Court today ordered the Attorney General to file charges against State Minister Ranjan Ramanayake over allegations of contempt of court, within a month.
The case was taken up before Chief Justice Jayantha Jayasuriya and Supreme Court Justices Vijith Malalgoda and Murdu Fernando.
The case was filed against State Minister Ranjan Ramanayake over Contempt of Court charges for allegedly making a controversial statement regarding the composition of the Supreme Court judge bench hearing the petitions filed against the dissolution of Parliament.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023