AG orders to obtain warrant and arrest ex-SriLankan CEO and wife
The Attorney General Dappula De Livera has directed the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) to obtain a warrant and arrest the former CEO of SriLankan Airlines Kapila Chandrasena and his wife Priyanka Niyomali Wijenayaka on charges of money laundering.
AG’s Coordinating Officer State Counsel Nishara Jayaratne stated that the Attorney General had issued these instructions after considering the investigative material submitted by the CID on controversial air bus deal of SriLankan Airlines in 2013.
The AG has also directed CID to forward the investigative extracts to the Bribery Commission Director General in order to consider charges against Chandrasena over the air bus deal.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024