Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp
An Airman has been killed and another injured following an explosion at the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) Field Firing Range in Kandakuliya, Kalpitiya a short while ago (September 26), Sri Lanka Police said.
The deceased airman was 28 years old and the injured airman was admitted to the Kalpitiya Hospital.
The cause of the explosion has not been identified yet.
A team from the Air Force Headquarters will be sent to Kandakuliya for further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023