Ajith Dias appointed Chairman of SriLankan Airlines
Posted in Local News
Former Chairman of Sri Lanka Apparel, Ajith Dias, has been appointed as the new Chairman of SriLankan Airlines, sources said.
Dias was a Director of Brandix and was the former Chairman of the Joint Apparel Association Forum (JAAF), the Free Trade Zone Manufacturers Association (FTZMA), a member of the Textile Quota Board and a member of the National Labour Advisory Council (NLAC).
He is also Chartered Textile Technologist and a Fellow of the Textile Institute of UK.
Ajith Dias replaces Nishantha Wickramasinghe, the brother-in-law of former President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
I only pray and hope that our national airliner the true identity of Sri-Lanka will run at a profit at least hereafter
What are his qualifications are experience ?
His qualifications might as follows, he’s internationally reputed one & does’t believe in god but big bang & he believes in evolution…..
If Arjuna Ranathunga can be the minister of Ports and Shipping (or something similar) then what is wrong with Former Chairman of Sri Lanka Apparel running Sri Lankan Airline??????? The biggest qualification is having the spoon to serve their own. Only the colour changed. Sound bites and corruption haven’t.