Statements obtained from Prof Peiris and Gammanpila over alleged coup attempt: Police
Police headquarters state that they have statements from both former minister Professor G.L Peiris and former Provincial Minister Udaya Gammanpila regarding the alleged coup attempt said to have taken place on the night of the presidential election.
Police Media Spokesperson SSP Ajith Rohana stated that these statements were obtained as per the instructions of the Attorney General.
Meanwhile, Chief Justice Mohan Peiris was interrogated by the Criminal Investigations Department on Friday.
Minister of Public Peace John Amaratunga said that the Chief Justice was being questioned over a complaint that had been lodged alleging his involvement in a coup attempt said to have taken place on the night of the presidential election.
Minister John Amaratunga added that the Chief Justice was interrogated under the supervision of the director of the CID.
(Courtesy: News First)
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023