Ajith Prasanna sentenced to four years Rigorous Imprisonment
Posted in Local News
Retired Major Ajith Prasanna sentenced to four years of Rigorous Imprisonment and fined Rs. 300,000 on charges of contempt of court by the Supreme Court today (January 24).
In January 2021, Ajith Prasanna was released on two surety bails of Rs. 500,000 each by the Court of Appeal over his alleged involvement in the intimidating of witnesses.
Three defendants, including Ajith Prasanna and two Navy intelligence officers, were accused of holding a press conference and intimidating witnesses in the case against several Navy officers regarding the abduction and disappearance of 11 youths.
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
Retired Major Ajith Prasanna is an outspoken man. Former MP Amba Kumarage Ranjan got a Presidential pardon and it is sad the retired Major got 4 years of Rigorous Imprisonment.