All activities in hotels, pubs & night clubs suspended from tonight
Posted in Local News
All night clubs, pubs and speacial functions in Hotels (gatherings, parties and events) are prohibited after 10:00 p.m. for a period of two weeks, from today, according to Commander of Sri Lanka Army General Shavendra Silva.
The move comes as Sri Lanka is battling the third wave of the Covid-19 pandemic that has led to spiraling numbers of infections.
Sri Lanka saw another surge in COVID-19 infections, as more than 1,600 people were tested positive for the virus on Friday (April 30). The confirmed cases count is now at 108,146, according to official figures.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023